Wednesday, December 1, 2010

'Tis the Season!

Thanksgiving turned out to be a day to lounge around this year. We had thought of inviting some friends over but then the cold season hit our family and we didn't think anyone would appreciate the gift of illness this holiday season. I have to say when you do Thanksgiving just as a family it's a lot less stressful - not quite as fun but definitely less stress. Abby spent a good part of the day looking at everyone's blogs and trying her best to comment on them. We created her a blog as well. It's called Abby's Castle. You'll find it in my Family Blogs. She would love comments from you. I think that's her favorite part. She checks often. (Seriously, quite a bit.:)) I wish I could say I took some pictures on Thanksgiving Day but the only picture I took was of the table setting which Wade so kindly surprised me with. I think he did a wonderful job decorating with the autumn crafts I made recently. I love that he lit a candle to add to the ambiance. It didn't stay lit long. Once the boys woke up from their nap that was the end of that.


We set up our Christmas tree on Saturday. We thought it best to go really simple on the tree decorations this year (nothing breakable, not with the twins around). My mom had given me some of Grandma Boomer's old ornaments to add to our own. The kids loved them and had a fun time decorating!

Grandma's Ornaments






The kids love to clump all the ornaments into one section. We had to do a little tweaking when it was all done.



This right here is the reason the bottom half of our tree is now bare.


Matthew's new favorite food is peanut butter on a spoon. You can hear him "mmmm"ing as he licks it up.


Aim, this is for you. It's not a great picture of the stitchery I came up with but you get the idea. Wade made the frame for me and I painted and distressed it. I really wish I had done the large words "human" and "spiritual" in a darker thread. Oh well, lesson learned.


I found this shutter at a thrift store several weeks ago. I've been wanting one for a while. (That, and an old window frame if anyone comes across one.) Now I'm trying to decide if I should paint it. Wade likes it the way it is but I'm not sure I do. I've seen a lot of good ideas out there. I'd love to know what you guys think. Happy Holidays! :)


5 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

AIM! Love EVERYTHING! Stitchery is awesome, shutter = awesome (I wouldn't change it at all!), pics of the kids, pics of decorations..... I miss you!!!!

Laurel Baker said...

Aim, I LOVE the picture of Justin touching an ornament on the tree and Liam playing x-box in the background! So cute! I love how Liam stands right in front of the TV to play! And is that SNOW on the pourch in the picture with Matthew by the back door and the tree? AWESOME! You did a great job on the stitchery!! I want to make one! And I like the shutter the way it is too! It looks so good with your wreath! Such cute decorations you have!! You are getting right up there with Amy!!!

Nana J said...

Very cute ornaments, and we love seeing the darling pictures of your family. We miss you!
Denise

Sarah said...

Amy, your decorations are so cute. I love the table setting! You did awesome, and Wade did a great jobe putting it all together on the table :). I love all your crafts. You all really put me to shame. I nedd to get with all my sisters and sisters in law and learn to do some crafts and how to decorate. Your house looks so cute and your kids look so happy on their birthdays. Happy Birthday to all your boys :). Love you guys!

nglemser said...

What cute tree decorators! (and un-decorators!) I too love the shutter the way it is. It is so "country-cozy" for certain. Your house looks so warm and inviting. So, wish we could come for a visit! Love U