Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Nutcracker and an Old/New Table

I've been trying to upload some bedtime videos of the twins but it is taking FOREVER!! I'll try a little bit later.

Abby and I went with some girls from church to see The Nutcracker this past Saturday. So much fun! This was Abby's second time seeing it. The first was a couple years ago and was the full ballet. This was a much shorter version but still a lot of fun!


The orchestra for The Nutcracker was performed by the Lollipop Orchestra of Flagstaff. Afterwards they gave out lollipops to all the children.


It's snowing today! :)

We just got this table off craigslist!:) For months I have been wanting a new table and chairs (mainly chairs). Our old chairs were so rickety. We were down to four out of six that were still in useable condition but close to retirement days. Wade had talked about making me a farmhouse table but there was still the problem of finding sturdy chairs. I found this set on Craigslist for $250.00 and was thrilled! The color is definitely not my favorite, but I love it's country charm. My plan is to paint it (maybe an antique white) at some point in the near future but for now it serves it's purpose and is definitely a far sturdier table than it's predecessor.










4 comments:

Katy said...

I LOVE that table! I think the color is perfect! I'm a fan of unique country stuff like that, so it's stolen my heart :) It's a "happy" table!

GlemserFamily said...

LOVE the table!! I can't wait to see what you do to it---even though I agree with Katy and it looks good now. :)

I'm jealous that you got to go with Abby to the Nutcracker. Josie's class went last week and no parents were allowed to come with.

Laurel Baker said...

I wish I could go see the Nutcracker! Abby looks like she had such a good time! Have her post about that!! And I really do love the table! All your weeks and weeks of searching Craigslist really paid off! I think your home would look so different now if we came to visit...you have added so many fun new things!

Laura said...

Aww Abby looks so grown up. I'm glad you got to have fun at the ballet. I love the videos of the twins as well, so cute. Good score with the table. I think it looks great. I LOVE white painted dining sets. My table still needs painting which is why it's never without a table cloth, but at least the chairs are (nearly) all done. Oh and Josh posted a comment on Abby's blog, but he said he did it on an older post, so he wanted to make sure you knew so she'd see it. Take care Amy :)