Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Alot of Burning Going On

Late Saturday afternoon we took the kids out to an area close to our home to have a campfire and roast marshmallows. They had so much fun, especially the twins, but oh my goodness did they get dirty.





Aunt Amy is so talented! She sent Abby this dress she made. Abby loved it! I've really got to learn to sew.

I have been in the process of making this book wreath for some time. I started about two weeks ago and got half way through the process when the pages started pulling out with each new row I packed in (the folded pages are just pinned into a foam wreath). I decided to start all over, using hot glue (OUCH!) and pins this time around. It worked like a charm! For those of you who may think it's a crime to tear apart a book I have to admit it was a bit difficult at first. I went to a thrift store and found an old book that was pretty beat up and one that I didn't think anybody would be dying to get their hands on. I actually had to use 1 1/2 books because the first I bought didn't have enough pages (my wreath is pretty big). Both books were printed in the 1930's so they had nice thick pages and a cream tint. I love how this turned out! I am considering finding a nice thick ribbon to hang it from. We'll see.

Someone had mentioned posting this coat rack I made last winter. It hangs in our mud room. I love creating things that serve a purpose! It's fun and practical.

4 comments:

Laurel Baker said...

Wow, Aim! That looks WAY more impressive than what I was picturing in my head! I wish I could see it in person...I guess I will just have to make one myself to get the full picture! Abby looks SOOO pretty in the dress! And what fun roasting marshmellows! It makes me hungry thinking about it!

GlemserFamily said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! Your book wreath turned out AWESOME!!!Kids and Wade look cute too. :)

Jennifer said...

I love your wreath! Any chance you could post or send me the instructions? That and the coat rack? You are so talented.

Nana J said...

Darling pictures and projects, Amy. You are so clever!
Denise